KOMPAS.com – There are certain rules of playing basketball for fair play.
The rules of the game of basketball range from the number of players, the length of the game, the type of infractions.
For example, basketball is played by two teams of five players.
Basketball can be played with 2 times 20 minutes or 4 times 10 minutes.
Also Read: Step Variations with Combinations of Basketball Shots in Basketball Games
So what are the rules of basketball?
Excerpted from Kemendikbud, a research and technology website, here are 20 basketball rules divided into basic rules and match rules:
- The ball can be thrown in any direction using one or both hands.
- The ball can only be moved by dribbling (bouncing) or passing the ball. Once a player has both hands on the ball (other than catching the ball), they cannot dribble.
- The ball must be shot. The ball should be placed between or between the palms. Arms or other body parts are not allowed to hold the ball.
- Basketball players may not block, push, hit or tackle opposing players in any way.
- The first violation will count as a fault. A second violation is a sanction in the form of disqualification of the offending player. If the offense is committed for hitting an opponent, the offender may not play the entire match.
- If a team commits three consecutive fouls (meaning that there is no counterfoul by the opponent), the foul counts as a goal for the opponent.
- Each team has 24 seconds to shoot the ball. The shot either enters the basket or hits the rim of the basket. If the ball fails to enter the basket, the shot clock is reset to 24 minutes.
- A goal occurs when a ball thrown or hit from the field enters the basket, provided the player guarding the kite does not touch or interfere with the goal. If the ball stops at the rim of the basket or if an opposing player moves the basket, it shall not count as a goal.
- When the ball goes out of bounds, it is thrown back and touched by the first player. The bowler is given 5 seconds to throw the ball in his hand. Holding the ball longer changes possession.
- The referee has the right to pay attention to the players’ play and to record the number of fouls and to inform the assistant referee in case of consecutive fouls.
- The assistant referee (assistant referee) focuses on the ball and decides if the ball has left the field, changes possession of the ball and counts the time.
Also Read: Basketball: History, Rules and Basic Techniques
Basketball match rules
- A basketball game is played by two teams, each team consists of five main players playing on the field and seven substitute players.
- belly ball (jump ball). jump ball The referee throws a ball in the air between two opposing players. jump ball This can be done at the start of the game and after the break, with two opposing players holding the ball at the same time.
- Substitution of players starting with substitutes is not restricted.
- A basketball game is divided into four halves or quarters with each quarter lasting 10 minutes (FIBA) and 12 minutes (NBA).
- A two-minute rest period (FIBA) between quarters 1 and 2 and quarters 3 and 4, compared to 130 seconds in NBA contests. The rest period between the second and third trimesters is 15 minutes or so usually half time or half time.
- The winner of the basketball game is the team that can score the most points.
- The match will continue if the scores of both teams are equal at the end Overtime which lasts 1×5 minutes (clear).
- Time is up (Rest time during the game) 1 (one) minute and each team gets one time Time is up Every quarter
- If a player scores from within the three-point line, the score is two points. If outside the three-point line, the value is three points. Free throws are worth one point.
- In a match, each player is allowed a maximum of 4 (four) times Personal foul. If he commits a 5th personal foul, he is sent off and cannot play again.
- If a team commits 5 fouls, it is considered a team foul and the opponent is awarded a free throw (free throw)
- Team foul will be-reset But at that time, Dr Overtime, team foul will notreset.
- score. The following are the rules of the game in setting standards:
- The team that inbounds the ball from a penalty shot is awarded one (Free thrown).
- Two points are awarded to the team that enters the ball without penalty.
- Three points are awarded to the team entering the ball from the three point area (three-point field goal).
Also Read: Basketball Equipment
Get updates Selected News And Latest News Daily from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.